Exercising for Two
Women are wanting to exercise during pregnancy and even more are looking to return to training as soon as possible after giving birth. This is fantastic, however there are many considerations that personal trainers must be aware of in order to keep mums and babies safe during this special time. Exercising for Two is designed specifically for fitness instructors who lead pregnant/post-partum women through exercise sessions, allowing you to confidently include pregnant women and new mums into your group classes and/or personal training sessions. Importantly, the information provided has real world application and will debunk many of the myths that you may have heard about exercise and pregnancy.
Expect to Learn:
- Develop a real understanding of the physiological and emotional changes that occur during pregnancy and early motherhood.
- To better relate to what you clients are going through and help you to tailor your approach to exercise sessions accordingly.
- Find out the truth about which exercises are safe and which ones must be avoided during pregnancy. You will develop a strong understanding as to why we need to modify certain exercises during different stages of pregnancy to ensure both mum and baby remain healthy and well.
- Why and how to recognise when to refer your pregnant clients for further assessment by an allied health professional. This is critical in making sure you are demonstration a duty of care to your pregnant clients.
- You will develop a range of exercises suitable for pre and post natal fitness. This includes pregnancy specifics exercises for the pelvic floor, core, and posture as well as what to do and when to do it after the birth.
Presenter Details: Lisa Westlake
Lisa Westlake is a physiotherapist and fitness instructor and a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association Women’s Health Group. She was awarded Australian fitness leader of the year in 2000, Australian fitness presenter of the year in 2003 and Australian fitness author of the year in 2009. Lisa shares 20 years of experience in exercise for pre and post-natal women and her courses are second to none in this field
"Lisa was brilliant !!! This course was not what I was expecting (excuse the pun) and I'm glad it wasn't. The content was well presented, current with women's health issue's today and extremely useful, not just personally but in regards to educating clients and ensuring that the correct exercises are prescribed to maximise prevention and recovery pre and post natal.” Jennifer O’Neil
“Every one of the instructors said they loved it and got a lot from the workshop. They're really excited to get started with our Pregnancy classes. Please pass this positive feedback onto Lisa.”Brooke Williams
“I loved the course, I thought Lisa was amazing and sooo knowledgable. Great course, one of the best I've done ! :)”
“The course was very insightful and useful to me as I had all my questions answered. I have 2 pregnant clients and they have other health issues as well that Lisa helped me to understand better as to how to train such clients. I feel a lot more confident training them now.” Malini Singam
Date & Time
- March 16, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: VFA Learning CityAddress: